Does it matter if herbal medicines are produced from intensively farmed materials? Or is there a real benefit to using medicines that have come directly from nature? In this article we explore what it means to use ‘wild medicines’ and the benefits of doing so.
African Forest Medicinals pride themselves on using wild-harvested herbs and mushrooms in their tinctures. They never use questionable imported powders as there source material. Lets look into that and then explore three specific medicinal mushrooms and there benefits for fighting the winter lurgies and much more…
Wild harvested guarantees for the consumer:
- In a nutshell – the super-high potency of the mushrooms’/herbs’ medicines. When a plant grows wild, without help in terms of additional water (other than natural rainfall), growth potentiators (fertiliser and the like) or any added protection against insects or parasites, it develops a very strong defence system in terms of alkaloid content – and it is this same “botanical defence” medicine that is transferred to us when we ingest these plants.
- It also means that we know, without doubt, that the material that goes into their products is 100% pure – unlike other powders on the market that are (usually) imported from China, where there is little quality control – there is no question as to the quality and composition of the raw mushrooms and herbs that they use.
- And that you can also enjoy the fact that these mushrooms and herbs grow in the pristine environment of their Knysna Forest farm. Anyone who has spent even the briefest amount of time in this forest will be able to attest to the incredible energy that this environment holds.
Everything on this planet is energy – including ourselves – and so it stands to reason that anything growing or living within the incredible energy of this beautiful forest absorbs and becomes imbued with that same energy. This is priceless body-and-soul medicine – and so important for the challenging times we are living in – and this is the reason why African Forest Medicinals are so dedicated to bringing that same medicine to as many people, who don’t have the benefit of living there, as possible. It is a truly magical environment, with so much holistic benefit to be gained from the herbs that live and grow within it.
To focus on just 3 of these wild-harvested tinctures, here is some additional information about the 3 mushroom/herbs that go into them – and the incredibly healing properties they can bring to our lives…
- Artemisia (Artemisia afra) is a potent herb that has long been used throughout Africa as an anti-parasitic herb for treating blood and liver parasites such as malaria, as well as for intestinal worms. It is also widely known amongst the Black population of South Africa as a trusted remedy for coughs, colds and flu. African Forest Medicinals’ Artemisia tincture uses Artemisia afra – indigenous to South Africa, that is both potent and wild-harvested too! Super powerful for treating symptoms of lingering colds and flu – as well as serving to protect you against them.
- Red Reishi (Ganoderm lucidum) is known as the Supreme Protector in Traditional Chinese Medicine and helps build natural immunity against all types of disease – both acute and chronic. Reishi that grows in the wild – as African Forest Medicinals’ does – has to develop Superpowers of protection against insects, parasites and other fungi that would otherwise attack it – and nothing beats this for strengthening our health at the deepest possible level.
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) holds particular significance for October’s Breast Cancer Awareness month – as this incredible medicinal mushroom has already proven to be super-effective in fighting breast cancer – as well as prostate cancer and cancer in general. For all of you women out there, it is also an incredibly powerful treatment for stubborn/recurring UTI’s, as well as being effective against HPV (which can possibly lead to cervical cancer) – making this “magic” mushroom a certain “Woman’s Best Friend”! And is another of African Forest Medicinals, super-potent, Wild-Harvested treasures too. Also assists in combating side-effects of chemotherapy treatment too.
All of their mushroom tinctures are dual-extracted tinctures, that make both the water- and alcohol-soluble medicinal components of these mushrooms bio-available to us.
Juilet Terblanche of African Forest Medicinals
TESTIMONIALS FOR OUR WILD TURKEY TAIL TINCTURE
Highly Recommended For Female Organ-Related Infections
After experiencing good results using this for chronic thrush infection, recommended & purchased for friends suffering from very bad UTI and other female organ related infections. Helped them heal completely and even gave them a boost of energy. (Aysha)
Sorts Thrush & UTI Symptoms Right Out!
Cannot not have this in my pantry! Gals – let me tell you – this stuff is OUT OF THIS WORLD for making a potential UTI go nuts. I haven’t ever had to take it with a full blown one – although I’m sure it would work – it would just take longer. But the minute I feel symptoms coming on – these drops every morning for a few days sort it right out and restore my body back to my normal. I wouldn’t go travelling without it – that’s for sure! (Andrea)
Chronic Candida Totally Healed
I’m a heterosexual male and I have suffered with chronic candida for almost 20 years – being sexually intimate had become so difficult, with a constant candida breakout. I’ve consulted doctors so often, was given diflucan; antifungal creams etc and, per chance, I came across this product, tried it and it didn’t just suppress the condition but completely healed me… I’m so grateful and definitely recommend it to anyone having issues with chronic candida. It also sorted my tummy issues out, feel less bloated and crampy in my stomach with an added peak in my energy levels! (Zo)
Keeps The Gut Microbiome In Shape
One of the major benefits of Turkey Tail is it’s ability to beneficially alter the gut microbiome by purging out bad bacteria and pathogens in the gut, giving the upper hand to the good bacteria. I’ve been using it for only a week now and have noticed a major difference compared to other herbal remedies I’ve tried. I’m sure they all help, but it’s only after introducing Turkey Tail that I’ve noticed such an amazing improvement in such a short time. As a bonus, I have my energy back. (Rayno)
Goodbye Candida & UTI
Cannot believe I forgot to review this product! I bought it based on its very first review. It definitely cleared my chronic candida – I used apple cider, colloidal silver, different types of anti-fungals and tablets previously – but nothing removed it completely!!! It started affecting my sex life, as it was just painful and unpleasant to be intimate. Thank goodness for Turkey Tail tincture, by Day 3 I even noticed I could hold my wee longer ( I usually go every hour as I have a weak bladder and drink 2-3 litres of water per day) – which was an added bonus. I highly recommend this – also noticed an increase in energy. I used it as directed, full dropper in hot water (cooled after boiling), 3 times a day. Worth the buy! (Happy V)
TESTIMONIALS FOR OUR WILD RED REISH TINCTURE
I have found your Wild Red Reishi Tincture to be one of the most powerful immune boosters I have ever used – both for myself and for my kids! If I feel a cold coming on I take a dose of tincture and within hours I can honestly say I am symptom-free! I also dose my kids if they complain of a sore throat or have a runny nose and find that they also recover super-fast!
(Rosemarie Langley-Moodley, Harkerville)
What WAS that stuff that you gave me?! I had never heard of reishi, but I took this tincture when I was feeling very run-down due to overwork and lack of sleep (I am a new Dad!) I took it every morning in my cup of tea and it set me up for the day – I felt energised, clear and all my symptoms of low immunity have just disappeared.
(Rion Merryweather, Knysna)
Help With Compromised Immune System… & Eyesight!
This is a powerful product.
I had glandular fever some years ago which has left my immune system very compromised.
Since using this tincture I have been fighting off infections within hours, not days!
My energy levels have increased radically and (remarkably) so has the visual quality of my eye sight (colours are brighter and more saturated).
I can feel how my body responds to this medicine in no uncertain terms, and I believe that we have a powerful ally in this sacred mushroom.
(Kirsten Tilley, Cape Town)
Profound Immune Support
African Forest Medicinals’ Reishi mushroom tincture is my ‘desert island’ supplement, the number one herbal product I prioritize for my travel survival kit. I feel my immune system being supported on a profound level and am extremely grateful to have this powerful medicine wild harvested from our own forests! It’s a very rare blessing! Extracted using mountain spring water and tested pesticide-free alcohol this product ticks all the boxes and rivals the best products endorsed by the likes of David Wolfe and Daniel Vitalis.
(Devin Howell, Plettenberg Bay)